Saturday 6 April 2013

PicCollage-Digital Scrapbooking gone wild!

PicCollage was a wonderful app that we discussed  last class. I believe it was originally designed to scrap book memories digitally, however the applications for this app in education are endless. Creating schedules, assignments, anchor charts, webs for brainstorms, interactive venn diagrams etc. There are so many uses for this app and the ease of making them is amazing, which in turn is very helpful for busy teachers, who already don't have enough time to get things done.

You can import pictures from the web, your camera etc. The app also has fun stickers that you can use in your creations ( more can be purchased for a small fee). This app is so cool, creative and fun and it's also free.

This is an awesome app for technology intregration in the classroom. It helps to reach those learners  who are unable to complete pen and paper tasks, but it also engages all students.

Some of the PicCollages I created with my group are:



I created this pic collage for English Language Arts. My class had been working on Fantasy Stories and one of our school goals is posting learning targets. But I thought to take it one step forward, would be to give students the target for their writing. I have been doing this in paper form, but using the Ipad and being able to manipulate the checks and then being able to email your finished "Have you met the Targets" sheet to the teacher at the end would be a way more effective way and would save losing trees and also would save students from losing the actual paper.








The second PicCollage I created was with Place Value Concepts in mind.  IF i had more time I would have found better base ten pictures that would have worked better with the activity.
Students can move the base ten blocks in to represent numbers visually.


The 3rd PicCollage I created was for my grade 6 Electricity unit this activity would be used after students have learned about current and static electricity. Students would put the various objects at the bottom of the screen in the correct category.


No comments:

Post a Comment