Monday 8 April 2013

Course Summary

This course has taught me so much about assistive technology and how I can use it to help students in my class.  It has also opened my mind up to all of the technology that is out there, especially Ipads. The things that I can do in my class with one device amaze me. I knew Ipads were cool, but now I have a new found respect for what they can do and how they can help students.  As a result of this course, myself and another teacher also doing her masters in technology have helped to encourage our principal to get more Ipads in our classrooms.

I also feel more confident doing assessments of my students using the MPT model to try and find something that helps to make school, projects, assignments etc  more accessible to all students in my classes.

One of the key moments in this class that I think has changed my life, was when we watched the video on Suzy Rueben.  This has forever changed my perspective on interacting with persons who have autism. I feel at some points I have unintentionally been treating students with autism as non-persons.  Watching this video made me want to introduce others to Suzy Rueben's story.



No comments:

Post a Comment