Saturday 6 April 2013

Class Presentations


The presentations today were so well done and gave me many ideas for my class. Things like text to speech and dragon dictation.

The presentation on a little boy with Autism was very informative. Her use of the app for yes or no questions was a good fit for the little boy she was working with.
The growth he made in just one week was incredible. It shows how truly intelligent he is and what he is capable of if the supports are in place.

I have also learned that I am delighted that I work in the school board that I do.  I am shocked that the teachers in other school boards don't have access to the same technologies that I have access to. I have my own ipad in my class and access to several more in my small school (Only 7 classrooms) and we have 5 ipads available and more will be coming soon. My principal is very pro-technology and willing to put the money that she can into getting more Ipads in our classrooms.

I also was quite shocked to hear that there are many teachers out there that are not willing to have technology in classes that are so necessary for students with special needs.  The fact that  many teachers think having an Ipad in a classroom is just a distraction is so disheartening and such an "old school" way of thinking.

I am so excited to take all the amazing things I have learned from this class back to my school, to help support my students with special needs now and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment